About Hamdard Habbe Hamal:
It is beneficial in female infertility. It is used for PID ( Pelvic Inflammatory diseases ). This is useful in infection of female reproductive structure that is often by bacterial infection resulting from a sexual transmitted diseases. It is beneficial in blockage of Fallopian tubes.
Indications of Hamdard Habbe Hamal:
· Female infertility
· Pelvic Inflammatory diseases
· Urinary tract infection
Ingredients of Hamdard Habbe Hamal:
· Afyun (Papaver somniferum ) : Poppy extracts have traditionally been used to relax smooth muscle tone, making them potentially useful in the treatment of diarrhea and abdominal cramping. The extract has been used as a sedative analgesic and antitussive. Poppy seed oil is used as a vehicle for chemotherapy delivery and to diagnose fistulae. However, there are no clinical trials to support these uses. Morphine is prepared from the opium poppy.
· Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans ) : Jaiphal is useful in diarrhea,stomach pain,intestinal,gas and kidney disease etc.
· Zafran (Crocus sativus ) : Promotes learning and memory retention Recent studies have also demonstrated that saffron extract, is useful in the treatment of age related mental impairment. In delayed puberty In under developed girls, saffron has an overall stimulant effect. A pinch of saffron crushed in a table spoon of milk is useful to stimulate hormones and bring about desired effect. In low libido saffron aids as a sexual stimulant and can be consumed in a dose of a pinch in a glass of milk at bed time.
· Bhang (Cannabis sativa )
· Purana Gurth
· Chhalia (Areca catechu )
· Laung (Syzygium aromaticum ) (Without Mushk) .
Dosage of Hamdard Habbe Hamal:
· 2 pills to be given with 250 ml milk daily in the morning and evening for 3 days.
· On the 4th day sexual intercourse is recommended.
· Treatment is to be continued for two or more months or until conception occurs.